If you’ve ever said you were going to write a book but never actually get around to writing it, now is the time. November is NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, and the Frankfort Writers Center is joining in the national movement by offering a month-long program to help you write the novel (or nonfiction book) you’ve been thinking about but never got around to writing.
Here’s the plan. Participants will …
- receive 8 weekly emails starting October 17 to help you plan for, carry out, and wrap up your intensive writing month.
- set daily, weekly, and monthly goals to write a complete novel or nonfiction book in November. (NaNoWriMo encourages 50,000 words. We will gladly accept writers with any goal to accomplish a significant chunk of writing.)
- be invited to three events at the Frankfort Writers Center (or online via Google Hangouts). On Nov. 2, we’ll kick off the month with some goal setting and tips for getting the work done. On November 16, we’ll meet to check in about how the writing is going and get some tips on character development and plotting. Then, on November 30, we’ll meet one last time to celebrate and plan what’s next for our manuscripts.
- join in a secret Facebook group to give and receive encouragement and tips from others in the group.
Ready to join us? Here are a few details:
- COST: $75
- DATES: November 1-30, 2016
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 24, 2016 (we need a minimum of 4 registered participants to carry out the program. However, registration is limited to 5 local participants and up to 5 online participants.)